Сейчас в эфире
В эфире:  -= Тихо =-  чарты

Новое интервью

Jay Kay
Автор Сообщение

Гость

СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Ноя 07, 2006 4:53 pm Ответить с цитатой
Правда, оно на английском. Перевод в процессе.
Грасьяс ту александракама с джамтокаSmile
А это аудио:http://rapidshare.com/files/2353710/entrevistajamiroquai6-11-06.WMA

Цитата:
The interview
Thanks to Andrew Moulton who's helped me correct it. Jay speaks so fast when he's mad! Of course the nasty questions weren't mine. In the end I was talking to him and the band, taking pictures and stuff... but the recorder didn't record it cuz it was inside my bag. I've told you all already, they were great!!!

I'll post the interview with the magazine layout and all when it's published. Now, just the words.

Here goes:

Good, good, it’s about time people fuckin stood up and said what they want to say. Fuckers.

You’re late.

I’m sorry, I was supposed to come here at half past two. I’m so sorry – they told me you were leaving

I’m only joking! I’m only joking… (unbelievable…) I’m joking!
You missed the best bit… you missed the best bit.
No cheating from her notes… no cheating!

- So, have you had the temptation to talk about these things like, these bombing for example in your songs?

Look, look. Look guys you know… We live in a fucked - up - world. We live in a fucked up world… We got some serious problems, ok. Before you start getting conned and… Let’s take but one problem we’ve got - the population problem. We live on one small little blue and green planet with a population. Never mind the CO2. It’s only people that make CO2. Ok, so before we all get to the things like taxes on CO2 and all the rest of it. All this “new trendy thing to talk about CO2”… You know… you know you got two thirds of the world that can’t eat from (phantom owl) properly. Two fucking thirds of the world. I don’t like it. It’s problem is… it’s not really (…) here, you know. But… but remember something, what you would more rather put on the front of your magazines and all the rest is that Victoria Beckham’s changed her hair. Okay. Isn’t that bad? Do you think that’s bad? I think it’s bad. I think the media need to take a fucking responsability here somewhere. Take some fucking responsibility! You’re supposed to give us information. Give us responsibility! Give us an informed decision. We’re talking about Victoria Beckhams hair!

- And didn’t the musicians have any responsability?

Musicians? Yeah, we had a responsability long ago but you know what? If people are just gonna fucking sit there like they did in my first three years of fucking doing interviews and just laugh at me because I’ve got things to say, then I won’t bother saying it. Fuck it. You know, but the bottom line is: there are things to be said, and we all need to grow up and be big boys and talk about the issues. And the first issue to talk about above all issues is population. How are we going to control the human population? You have to understand, even I get fucked off when there are three to four thousand tigers left. Ok? You have a huge chinese economy going on: People wanna crush up bones - why? because they think it’s gonna make their dick hard. You know… You wanna keep chopping down trees? Do it, chop it all down... Chop it all down. Chop it all down. Make it into one big desert if you like - all for the economy and all for people’s jobs. But did it never occur to anybody that there are too many fucking people? There are six billion human beings, six thousand million human beings. It’s gonna be ten thousand million human beings soon. How are we gonna feed these people? Where are we gonna get the water from? Come on, use your fucking heads and stop asking me stupid fucking… come on, use your heads, come on… think, think, think. Think seriously. You wanna think about the future? Well think fucking seriously about it. And stop fucking around with these stupid… skirting around these little issues, and think about the hardcore issues: population, food and water. We cant… we can’t feed two thirds of the world, how are we gonna it when another third is added on? So… so, If somebody wants to come up with some good fuckin ideas then come up with some good ideas, but think fast because otherwise this whole thing’s fucked. And also remember this, I just wanna say this, ok: (we’ve got two minutes) Fuck that. The world’s been around for four billion years, ok? Humans have been around since they became bipedal. When we came from that, into that (demonstrates) for about what, fucking two million years, ok? And maybe in the last hundred thousand years, ok, have kind of created some kind of you know (makes ape noises), ok. In the last fucking eight thousand or ten, twenty thousand there’s been some form of civilization, ok? Twenty thousand years is like that (demonstrates small) compared to that (demonstrates big), ok. So anybody seriously thinking that we’re going to be here… How long do you think the human race is gonna be around for? Do you seriously think we’re going to be around for another million years? A thousand years? A hundred years? Bullshit. We’re not gonna be around at all. What we have to understand is, we are about that big in the scale of the whole fucking thing.

- So then why bother, I mean…?

Why bother? Exactly that, why bother? Why bother? Why are we bothering? We’re bothering about CO2, and greenhouse gases and the world and this and that, and all these issues all these wonderful things, we’re bothering for the sake of ourselves. For the sake of ourselves. So we can have a comfortable planet. That’s what we’re bothering for. We’re not bothering for everything else. And we’ve got no… Human beings have got no real concept, no real concept about the fact that sixty-five million years ago there was also lots of different big lizards around doing their own thing… no concept whatsoever. And in a hundred years we’ve fucked it. And we’re gonna fuck it. The place will become a desert. But the beauty is that when we’re gone other things will take over. It will go back to… There’s about another four billion years of development. So why are we bothering? Why do we think that we’re so fucking powerful that we’re gonna change it all? Coz you’re not. I promise you - trust me.

No, carry on… I wanna carry on…

- I’d like to ask – maybe you’re gonna laugh about this, but how’s your sustainable farm going on? Your growing of vegetables...?

My sustainable farm? It’s absolutely perfect… It’s absolutely perfect, yeah. You wanna see it? Got your passport with you?

- Yes. I’d love to!

Ok… well then you can see it.

- So, what about the greatest hits? Is there gonna be a tour?

No.
Definately not. (someone else)

- How was it doing it? Was it like a trip down memory lane, or…?

No, it’s no big deal. It’s what they want. I’m purely doing this to get out of the record deal.

- So what are you gonna do after Sony?

I’m gonna make some proper music.

- Really?

Yeah.

What you like… no what you like (someone else to Jay)

- You’re maybe going to go back to those strong lyrics you had in the Return of the Space Cowboy?

Ah, well you never know what I’m gonna do. It doesn’t matter but I’m gonna make some proper music instead of that 3 minute 30 rubbish I have to keep making, you know…

Derrick: 15 minutes…

…trying to get my point across, there’s no point getting… Musicians don’t change (the world)… No matter how much musicians think they change (the world)… I used to think… When I was a little kid, you know when I was a little boy, seventeen, eighteen I used to think music was gonna change… Ooh, I’m changin the world. I’m never gonna change the world.

They’ve got one minute (someone else)
Ah, you’ve got more than one minute. I say you’ve got fucking another five minutes, ok. Go and get a cup of coffee... Coz we’re gonna fucking continue this conversation. Can I come up with a suggestion? Can I come up with a suggestion? I’ll tell you off to the car…

Can we say that what we’re gonna do, you know… we, we had all these wonderful celebrations… the millenium and… fireworks and ... oh, and George Bush… the human race will go and live in peace and all the rest of it. Six months later he’s invaded Iraq… that’s wonderful , no problem. Can we turn round and say that the first start to making our nice new world is that polititians from anywhere in the world can have no involvement in arms companies. No involvement. You’re not allowed to have funds… shall we see then how that switches everything. You’re not allowed to have involvement in General Dynamics, Lockheed, Boeing. Any of these people… McDonald Douglas... All these people that make all these bombs and weapons. Who’s the winners? Who are the winners and who are the losers? Shall we get round to this Iraq thing? You want to talk about the Iraq thing? I mean, wasn’t it the CIA that actually, you know, trained Saddam Hussein. Weren’t we giving… I don’t… 1982 and 1983… weren’t we giving Iraq weapons? I’m fucking sure we were, to fight the Iranians. As I seem to remember the Iranians not being very popular at that time. You know? Hold on… why don’t we go with… wasn’t it German scientists that actually built all the underground bunkers for the chemical weapons? And that was based on World War II technology. Wasn’t it? Are you sure it wasn’t somebody from Krupps? Wasn’t it? Maybe it wasn’t… Are you sure? Wasn’t it German people who built… Wasn’t it Western companies that made this fucking mess that we’re all in in the first place? What the fuck do we think we’re fucking doing? Do you get my point? Or do you not? Or do you think this is all crap? What the fuck do you think we’re doing?

Do you understand…? Wasn’t it… wasn’t it? Wasn’t it the CIA that funded the… against the Mujahadin? They said to the Mujahadin we’ll… we’ll supply you with Stinger missiles as a base thing to, to fight the Russians. What a waste that was. I think it’s 52 billion pounds we’ve spent on the American submarine programme since 1952. 52 - billion - dollars. 52 billion dollars. You could feed a lot of people. Think social problem in America. Where’s all the money gone? 52 billion dollars… you fucking joking me? And there’s people half way round… the whole of South America can’t fucking really… you know what I mean. The bottom line – they can’t live properly. All because Americans want control. They want control of everything. And they’ve got to stop. And you know what? When they have this fucking right-wing fundamentalist evanglist Christian bullshit and they get fucking caught sucking each others cocks like they did the other day… That’s fucking cause trouble, huh? It’s not so much funny, huh? You were supposed to set an example to us. And now you haven’t set an example to us. Unbelievable huh? Not good is it? It doesn’t look good does it? Fundmentalist evangelist Christian bullshit… you were telling us how wonderful it is and now, you get caught having gay sex with a rent boy. Tut tut. You get caught fucking hookers – who were the last two that got caught fucking hookers?

Ah, you want controversy? That’s not controversial – I haven’t even fucking started yet. The trouble is no-one’s got the balls to stand up and just say what needs to be said.

Now first thing, population. What you gonna do about it? What you gonna do about it – you gonna keep sending out the wrong message from the Vatican, or are you going to fucking do something properly about it? Seriously, I mean it.

I mean it, and I know what I’m fucking talking about. You know I’m Portuguese… you know, don’t forget about that, ok. Right, so… remember.

- I do agree with you.

Right, good. Ok, thank you. Thank you very much... Thank you. Good. Coz I’m trying to talk SOME sense. Coz what makes me so angry is this… endless bullshit. Let’s get to the issues. You wanna save the human race, you wanna do something? Get to the issues! And the first issue is that, isn’t it? It’s gotta be that. Before you cover any issue, it’s population.

- Would you put some kind of control regarding natality, like you can’t be allowed to have more than two children?

That’s… that’s the issue that has to be discussed and governed. That’s the issue. It’s a tough issue. It’s gotta be covered. How do you put the control? How do you say to people “you can’t have nine children”? How do you say that? Can we afford to do that? Can we afford to have nine children? Can we afford to do this all the time. Let’s remember the message first, you know what I mean. The message that’s coming out: “Oh, you can’t wear a profilactic, you can’t wear a condom, you can’t control the population...” Population has to be controlled, I’m affraid. Otherwise we will never… otherwise you would perpetuate the whole problem. We already can’t feed two thirds of the world, how are we gonna feed another third? It’s all very well for us, I can go out here to the hotel and order myself some canaloni with a fucking mushroom sauce.

(right we’re done)
Oh… I haven’t finished yet.

(I know you haven’t finished)
Well ok, you wanted to fucking get me in here, now I’m here.

(nope, we’re done)
Finished? Got enough? Great!

No, I’m not having any lunch.
(you are having lunch)

No, I don’t wanna eat. Fuck it. Go on then… go and eat your lunch

(no you’re having lunch as well, you’re stopped)
No. I’m not havin any lunch. I’m having lunch when I go home.

(when)
At about 7 o’clock tonight I believe…

(exactly)
Right. Well, I’ll wait and eat when I need a break

- Can we expect future collaborations with other musicians?

No. Because most of them are a pain in the ass.

- But that was awesome with Diana Ross and many others.

Yeah, that’s different, that’s one song. I’m not talking about… I would certainly never even dream… Everytime we try and do this and collaborate with other musicians we get guy standing there going “1:35, Jay comes up with riff… 1:37, Bootsy comes up with riff…” Forget it. I don’t want to work with other people, I’m not anxious to… You know why I don’t wanna work with other people? Because you’ve gotta deal with their managers, and their record company...

- And they fuck up your freedom

…and it’s just a fuck up. Right, fuck them.

(right, we’re going)

No I’m not going, you’re going… No we’re talking about… I LIKE THIS WOMAN HERE… she likes what I agree with. Thank God for that. Somebody game. A lot are fucking stupid and don’t talk to me, you know. I don’t give a shit anyway. An what am I… I’m just, what, like that (makes a small gesture with his fingers), in all like…

(let’s go)
No, no you’re going. I’m staying.

(no, we’re all going… go on, get up there. Yeah, but we’ve done all this)
Ok

(well go on then, go)
You finished? Got enough to write about? You can write all sorts of nasty things about me now.

- No I won’t

Great. Thank you.

(later…)
I just want to do music…
I’m a musician, not a politician… I’m me…

(talks about being a simple guy, peace and quite… listen to the sea, watch the birds. Super simple guy.)

Nika

Благодарности: 27/33
СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Ноя 11, 2006 10:43 pm Ответить с цитатой
Мне было очень весело!!!)))Если бы все наши политики излагали свои речи таким же образом-новости смотрела бы ежедневно!!!! Very Happy
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение

аня коржик

Благодарности: 143/288
СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Ноя 11, 2006 10:53 pm Ответить с цитатой
Каждое новое интервью напоминает единственную строчку из песни Нормана Кука))
"Фэтбой Слим из факин ин хеван!" Laughing

Страница 1 из 1
Часовой пояс: GMT + 3

Перейти: